A big Mahalo to all of you who replied to the recent request for trail work volunteers!
Just a short post with the particulars:
1. Date: Saturday, 28 October 2006
2. Time: 0800
3. Meet: At bottom of concrete road. Parking topside will be tight, so in the interest of combining training w/work, some of you may elect to park below by the pumping station and run/hike up. There is also parking at the bottom of Puu Ohia trail further up the road past concrete.
4. Bring: Water, bug spray, sunscreen, lunch, etc.
5. Tools: Arrangements have been made to pick up tools and return same to baseyard. Tools will be delivered topside where we will meet (look for my red truck).
6. Scope of work: After distribution of tools, we will hike up to the top of concrete road (still more training). The day's plan is to break into groups, then work our way down from the old trex sign on Manoa Cliffs to the intersection of Kalawahine/Manoa Cliffs trails. Work crews will concentrate on grading in deeply rutted sections of trail and grooming. If we are fortunate to have enough help, we will dedicate one crew to repairing the badly eroded section just below our last major repair job.
Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone you think may be interested in helping - my sincere apologies if I have inadvertently left someone off this post.
Would appreciate a definite reply from those planning to come by Wednesday, 25 October - need to bring enough tools for all.